zaterdag 8 oktober 2011

a paralympic-mode

Besides Ronald I also give training to another amputee. He's now where Ronald was 6 years ago. Just starting. Since I'm here it's all athletics (on my mind) so surely I think about his road to Rio2016. By mail we discussed how many times he's planning to train and we both spilled our wishes in terms of training.

So all I said was:
- Your training for Rio starts this winter
- There will be no excuses to skip a training.
- If you got some small wounds on your stump... we find alternative excercises
- If you lose focus on the training...be sure I will lose focus on you

He asked me: "Correct me if I'm wrong, but...is it something I said  or did?"
Oeps... no son, don't worry... just get used to it.
Ronald and Robin

Maybe not the way to go with every youngster in my group (he wouldn't be the first to flee). But I guess I just expect a bit more from a potential Paralympian. A bit harsh...but Ronald set the standard for me.

Others benefit from what Ronald and I had to find out for ourselves and from our experience in the last few years. You can't blame me for expecting something back.

This morning no training for Ronald. So we sat down at  Budapest Starbucks and together we wrote a nice schedule for Robin.  Being in a Paralympic-mode we realize he's going to need the support from both of us :-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten