zaterdag 7 april 2012

time for some shapeshifting

On our way to Tata!  Two weeks full-focus London.

April; a month inwhich many athletes seek sun and focus. Just before the start of the season. Since this is an Olympic year I promised Ronald we would follow the route that will lead to gold.

Close to the season.... traininggroups will grow rapidly. All winter I train three guys every wednesday, saterday and sunday, rain or shine. But in april some think I can work wonders. A common question:
"I have a competition in three week, can you teach me how to throw a javelin?".
And that's when I'm lucky!  Many don't even ask.. but sneaky join the group in warming-up hoping I understand their wishes.

Last wednesday.....ten guys joined our group. Young, old, small, big, with or without talent, coordination, muscles or artifical leg. Way too much for me. I don't think anyone of them learned something that evening, apart from the fact that some feeling for throwing is useful.


Luckely for Ronald his throws were filmed and send to Ferenc for his weekly comments. Six year ago I started with just one; Ronald Hertog. Six years of dedication from him, is the reason I accompany him in training two weeks in Tata (Hungary). Tomorrow we fly. An additional advantage, for me, is rest from a bunch of occasional throwers.

In Tata Ferenc Paragi will train Ronald. I'll shapeshift from coach to cameraman so we can daily review every training. Keep following this blog. Since I'm there with a camera in my hand,  nice footage will follow. 




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten